Clear all

Sure To Fall (In Love With You) - The Beatles

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I'm on a rare day off, going to see THE EAGLES tonight at Birmingham so thought I'd add another to the database.

Here's a good easy country style song originally written and performed by Carl Perkins that the Beatles covered on their BBC radio sessions in 1963. They were great admirers of him.

To listen to it play track 10 on CD1 of Live At The BBC. George plays some lovely country guitar on this one and was probably the most country influenced of the four.

The strum pattern, near as I can describe is D D U, D D U but if you listen with the CD you'll soon be in the groove so to speak and you'll soon be improvising your own country style playing. Here goes then:

Intro: (A) (Bm) (A)

Verse:

(A)I'm sure to fall, (D)fall in love

(A)I'm sure to fall in love with (E)you

(A)You are so sweet (D)and so near

(A)I'm sure to fall in (E)love with (A)you

Refrain:

So (D)hold me (Bm)tight

and (D)let tonight be (A)the night

(Bm)Darling, don't ever let me (E)go

(A)Loving you is the (D)natural thing to do

(A)I want you for the (E)rest of my (A)life

Instrumental Break:

four beats of each chord repeated twice:

(A) (D) (A) (E)

Repeat Refrain:

So (D)hold me (Bm)tight

and (D)let tonight be (A)the night

(Bm)Darling, don't ever let me (E)go

(A)Loving you is the (D)natural thing to do

(A)I want you for the (E)rest of my (A)life

hope you like it,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

shug
(@shug)
Reputable Member

Chris, thanks for the Beatle tabs (I'm a big fan!). Keep them coming! Enjoy the Eagles (I'm envious!).

"Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak."

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks shug, glad you like it.

I love some of the less well known early Beatle recordings, they had a way of picking up simple classic songs and making them their own.

As for "The Eagles" Wednesday night, "WOW" what can I say! What a night! I'll get round to writing a reveiw sometime over the weekend.

All the best,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote