Sweet Child of Mine - Guns N Roses

21 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

I second that emotion Matt!

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@canucks12)
Trusted Member

Same strum pattern (DDUUD) for the following?

E5 G A (C D) repeated

Where do we go Where do we go now Where do we go

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Canucks

Yes except the C / D chords, which i just do two big downstrokes each to get that recognisable "dum dum.....dum dum" bit - you know what i mean I hope!

cheers

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

I know its an old post but I have just been running through this again after leaving it for a couple of years.

It sounds terrific Matt, thanks.

Just not too sure about the "where do we go" etc etc bit I cant seem to make the pattern fit the lyrics :?

As for the intro, well after probably 40 or so hours of practicing that riff I have finally got it up to speed :wink:
If your ever going to make a mistake and hit a wrong note, you can bet its going to be during the playing of that intro :lol:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@idr-seminole)

awesome, the intro solo is fun to play.

ReplyQuote
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

I thought I'd make a contribution to this thread! If you listen to the original, 5:40 song (as opposed to the cut down radio version) there are three main solos, a short one, a slightly longer one, then the main one (both short ones and some of the main one are removed in the radio edit!!!).

My notation is where there's brackets, it means bend up to that note. If a note immediately follows (without a dash) then bend back down to it before releasing.

(Remember to downtune a fret if you're playing it along to the song).

Here's the first solo tabbed out how I play it (I prefer to solo around the 12th fret, although slash plays it lower down on the first few strings instead):
Eflat----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bflat-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------12-12-15-15(17) 15------------------
Gflat--14-12-11-11---14-12-11-11---14-12----------14-12---------14-12----14(16)14-12------------------------------------------
Dflat--------------------------------------------14-14----------14-14----------------------------------------------------15(16)---------
Aflat----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eflat----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2