Clear all

T. Rex

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm not sure if this should be posted here or on the "unabashed site promotion" page, but I think it should be viewed here anyway.
I stumbled on to this one while looking for T. Rex tabs. If you follow the URL it will take you to a site thats displaying "Ride a White Swan" in chord format in the key of E, Nothing new there! But you get the option of clicking on to any key and the transposing is done instantly and also shows the chord box shapes with sound bytes.

http://www.e-chords.com/cifra.asp?idMusica=45955&keyb=&aba=&tom=0

See what you think, Its an easy song, so thats why I put it here and one you can play around with the solo that isnt actually on the site in question but I'm sure I've seen it posted here, some while ago.

Oh, and yeah its got South Paw chord boxes also.

Well I was impressed!

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Ride A white Swan is pretty easy to play....correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was the 2nd song I tabbed out for the ESD.....and I have LOTS more T.Rex songs in my head....anyone for T Rex? I'm working on "Any Road" by Geaorge Harrison at the moment, when I've finished that I think I'll have a go at "Get it on" which is really easy.....

:D :D :D

Vic

yep, we definitely need more T Rex....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Vic,

Bang a gong, get it on!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Good find Rodders,

Like the LH option and the key transposer. I noticed the NObarre chord option too!!! :wink: :wink:

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

I'm not sure if this should be posted here or on the "unabashed site promotion" page, but I think it should be viewed here anyway

Rodders, what a great web site! Especially someone who is still learning. Thanks for tip!

Funny, thing, I play left-handed and I did the left-handed chord thing as it just didn't look right!

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Good to hear this Vic! Will you be including the intro solo, as i believe its already a classic lick.

Did you recieve the pm I sent you???

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've pretty much got the song down (Any Road that is!), apart from a couple of chords in the bridge...I can't quite remember how it goes...and obviously the solo, not too sure how to tab slide...I tried it once in open G, even though the song's in D (I think)...solo's mostly on strings 2 3 & 4, which are the same in open G as standard tuning...anyway, I should have it nailed a couple of days or so after getting home...

Rodders, yes I got your PM...I think my stepdaughter's got a copy of that, I'll ask her when I get back....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@elvis)
Trusted Member

and I have LOTS more T.Rex songs in my head....anyone for T Rex? I'm working on "Any Road" by Geaorge Harrison at the moment, when I've finished that I think I'll have a go at "Get it on" which is really easy

By all means Vic. Get it on is such a great such a great song. I for one would love to learn it

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OK....update...was in the pub last night, played "Get it On" and one of the lads knows a 2nd guitar part....going to ask him next week to show it to me....

As for "Any Road" still having a bit of trouble with the bridge....there's a funny key change there, but I WILL get there.....

Vic

ReplyQuote