Clear all

The Killing Moon Echo & The Bunnymen

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jase36)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Firstly I take no credit for the chords below, kudos to "chordie" Secondly I think a song with a barred G and C minor in it may not be considered easy by some.

I'm not sure what made me look up this song but its a great little song for an easy acoustic strum, maybe a little bit early Bowie like. If you can play the two barre chords its very easy and the open to barre changes ( C to barred G and C minor to E minor) are not to bad. I've been using a simple strum, something like Down Down up Down up Down up I'm sure you can come up with something more imagnitive.

Its 2 bars for each chord in the verse and 1 bar for each chord in the chorus. I havent included the second verse but it follows the same progression. Ive also missed out the solo. I'm not sure if these are the original chords but I like the sound when changing back from C minor to E minor. I played the open C with 4 fingers with the G fretted on the low E string.

Any corrections gratefully accepted.
Intro Em Em C C

Verse
Em
Under blue moon I saw you
C
So soon you'll take me
Em
Up in your arms to late to beg you
C
Or cancel it though I know it must be
Em
The killing time
C
Unwillingly mine

CHORUS
G Cm G
Fate up against your will
Cm G
Through the thick and thin
Cm G
He will wait until
Cm G Cm
You give yourself to him

Im not sure how well known they are outside of the UK, so heres a you tube video for reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSlkMR6rJcA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/user/jase67electric

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Ha! EatB was one of my favorites ... no, they weren't too big in the US, but they did have a few hits here. "The Cutter" was always my favorite tune, and "Heaven Up Here" ... but Ocean Rain was probably their best overall album.

Will Sergeant is one of those great but under-appreciated 80s guitarists, like Charlie Burchill from Simple Minds, and Johnny Marr from the Smiths.

Thanks for posting this! :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Jase,

Thank you... just reminded me of a lost girlfriend I had back in High School....<sniff>.

Love this song. :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@squarecut)

Johnny Marr may be under appreciated in the US but in the UK all guitar based bands pay homage to him.

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

I saw these guys at The Channel in Boston around 1980, it was one of the best rock shows I've ever seen.
Thanks for the post.

ReplyQuote