Skip to content
The Man Who Sold th...

Notifications
Clear all

The Man Who Sold the World (all barre chords)

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@da-monkee)
Topic starter  

I had been learning 'Man Who Sold the World' from a chord song book, but my guitar teacher gave me an alternate version with all the chords being barre chords. Since i've just about finished doing the song, I thought i'd share the version he gave me with other people :)

Artist: Nirvana/David Bowie
Song: The Man Who Sold the World

The tab for the main riff my teacher gave me is:
e|--------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------|
G|--2-2-2-2-0-3-2-----------------------|
D|--------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------|

Although, when i've looked on tab sites it differs - but this sounds right and is simple enough for beginners to be able to do (if I can do it anyone can :D )

(@rodders)
Noble Member

Totaly brilliant, "Da Monkey" thanks for sharing that one. I find barres easier than open chords for some strange reason.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@elvis)
Trusted Member

This is great. Thanks da monkee.

I also seem to have that problem Rodders, especially so when playing on an electric.

I'm a bit sceptical about the D chord in the chorus. Well my ears are not the best but a C# seems to sound better for me.
Anyways, Cheers and thanks alot da monkee. Please share more songs :)

ReplyQuote
 MCH
(@mch)
Trusted Member

Thx for the song.
But I think you want to revise some of the barre chords. The C Chord should be started at the 8th fret; not the seventh (that would be a B Chord). The D chord you show is actually a Fm. I don't know if this is what you intended.
I could be wrong though.

ReplyQuote
(@blada)

yeah

ReplyQuote
(@elvis)
Trusted Member

I was going through this song again today. For some strange reason I had forgotten that Mattguitar has already posted this song here (its now on page 3) - especially strange since I worked hard on his version. So I guess it was not my musical ear that wanted to play a C# in the chorus but rather my memory! :D

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

its good but playing the Cmaj barre is not easy.Aaargghh.I like the open best and infact C/G is even better , as it give a nice bass sound 8)

ReplyQuote