Clear all

una ma cerveza- Tommy Alverson

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Here's a really easy good time fun Americana song by Texas singer/songwriter Tommy Alverson. Uses a repeating four chord progression troughout. Heard this song on the radio and found it on a compilation CD entitled "Brewed In Texas". Great CD- all the songs have somnething to do with alcohol! (So I rate this one for players 21 and over).
una ma cerveza- Tommy Alverson

|G///|Am///|C///|D///| throughout

Things were kinda' hectic and I was havin' trouble sleepin'
I was goin' crazy and I had to get away
I loaded up my pickup for a Mexican vacation
I didn't know the language but I quickly learned to say-

Chorus: una ma cerveza por favor, senorita
una ma cerveza por favor, senori-i-i-i-ta
una ma cerveza por favor, senorita
una ma cerveza por favor, senori-i-i-i-ta

G-Am-C-D instrumental

Well, I kept on drivin' until I hit the ocean
Found a small cantina down Monterey way
I met up with a girl down there but she did not speak-a de English
I probably coulda' had her, but all I knew how to say-

Repeat chorus

I woke up the next morning and I knew I was in trouble
I was extremely naked lying face down in the sand
I struggled to my feet and I looked for my old pickup
I would have asked for help but I knew all they'd understand-

Repeat chorus

So if things are kinda' hectic and you're havin' troublr sleepin'
You think you're goin' crazy and you need to get away
The thought has crossed your mind about headin' for the border
Let me tell you something, boy, all you need to learn to say-

Repeat chorus

Instrumental over progression 2X

Repeat chorus

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Never heard of this guy, so I did a little research....managed to find the song on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPCBEhQGJ5s - now that's what I call old-fashioned country!

Nice addition, catchy, simple chords, and the subject's pretty close to my heart!

By the way, the title's "Una Más Cerveza" - at least, that seems to be the general consensus of opinion! No doubt someone who speaks Spanish will put us right.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

By the way, the title's "Una Más Cerveza" - at least, that seems to be the general consensus of opinion! No doubt someone who speaks Spanish will put us right.....

Yes, I could be wrong about the title; I do not speak-a de language myself. Glad you liked the song on youtube. Doesn't it just kick butt! I actually first heard a Parothead (i.e., Jimmy Buffett clone) band do this and loved it from that moment.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I've been a fan and a friend of Tommy's for about 25 years now. He and another friend of mine, Amos Staggs, often play around the Dallas/Fort Worth area together and separately (in fact I used to play golf with Amos and his wife and designed a couple of his CD covers). If any of you get the chance to catch either one of them, do yourselves a favor and GO!!

BTW... sorry, but the correct spelling of that song is "Una Más Cervesa", says the Spanish speaking EB!!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

BTW... sorry, but the correct spelling of that song is "Una Más Cervesa", says the Spanish speaking EB!!

No need to apologise for correct spelling and grammar, EB! I'm pretty good with English (English English, that is!) and can understand American English, even with the sometimes different spellings - pyjamas, pajamas, sulphur, sulfur, practise, practice, aluminium, aluminum.....but Spanish is still a mystery to me, so thanks for the correction.

Now I can order a beer in eight different languages! (Nine if you include Lancastrian!)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@daverod)

Not to drag this out, but I've never seen cerveza spelled that way. Other than misspellings, of course. :)

ReplyQuote