Clear all

Uriah heep requests

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@matteo)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I hope that there are some Heep fan around who can help me with the following songs :D

Sunrise
Tales
Lady in black
Rain (that's quite tricky!)

Ok regarding each song

Lady in black: no problem with the chord changes (2 measures for Am, one for G). regarding strummin there a few which pretty satisfy me

DDUD

DDUDU

DDUUD

but I wish to have a confirmation!

Sunrise: 2 measures Am, one measure every other chord. Strummin'

DDUUD? or

DD U

Rain: I change the chord every measure but I did not find a fully satisfing strummin

Tales: everyone said that it is easy but I'm not so sure. first of all which is the exact chord lenght? for the strummin I use a DDDUD or a DDDDU but the result are not exciting

Thanks in advance

Matteo

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sorry I can't help you here, I did learn "The Wizard" from playing along with CD, and I have a copy of "Gypsy" somewhere....I looked on a couple of tab sites, but couldn't find anything...

Just to let you know you weren't being ignored!!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Sorry I can't help you here, I did learn "The Wizard" from playing along with CD, and I have a copy of "Gypsy" somewhere....I looked on a couple of tab sites, but couldn't find anything...

Just to let you know you weren't being ignored!!!!

Vic
hi mate

also Wizard would be nice....if you had enough time to post it (even if I think it's not so simple but...)

Thanks the in advance

Matteo

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OK - I'll try and tab it out when I get home, and have access to my record collection....fly back on the 16th, get back on the 17th....go to watch Meat Loaf on the 18th....I've got 5 days then till I get to see Status Quo again, so watch this space!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@matteo)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok I made a few progressions :D

Lady in Black: i'm happy with the D D UD strummin, which easy complements with the singing. So I play

D D UD twice for Am

once for G, then once for Am and so the verse is done!

of course this is a syncopated strum, missing the third downbeat

Rain: I think it could be played with the classic folk-strum (D, DU, U, DU), with chord changes every measure except for some lines where they change half measure, but I would like a bit of confirmation :D

Tales: see the topic about it

Sunrise: the strum should be something like

dd ddu

for every two beats

but i'm not 100% sure about chord changes

I still wait for some help :D

Matteo

ReplyQuote