adapter type on pedalboard?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey All,

My wife told me i could pick out a up two cheap pedals as a surprise. I'm interested in looking at the behringer vintage phaser and ultra chorus. What has me concerned is that these are supposed to take a power adapter with a NEGATIVE tip. Is it correct that most power adapters now are positive tip?

I have the Musicians Gear PBR-6 pedalboard. I saw another thread on the for sale where a guy was selling his board with some behringer pedals. Could anyone tell me what type of tip comes with the power connectors on this?

I don't want to buy something and immediately break it.

Thanks!

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I have a power block for my pedals and they all have the inside as negative and the sleeve, positive

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thx Greybeard. I just realized that there's pretty much the same thread farther down the "Here to there" page... woops.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, the vast majority of pedals today are negative center. I do have one pedal that is positive center, an 80's ProCo Rat.

I use a One Spot to power all my pedals. It is negative center, however they give you two adapters that convert the center to positive.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote