Notifications
Clear all

Adrenalinn II: gate time

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@imagineblue)
Topic starter  

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with this pedal. Hopefully someone is. My issue is, i have a patch i love, but it's cutting out too early. I know how to adjust the gate time by holding the Main button and then adjusting with the tempo knob... but even though i've set gate time to off or very low value, it still is cutting out. It's intermittent, so i think it may be a bug. Is there a fix for this? Thanks so much.

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

The threshold is too high. You need to lower the threshold to a point where it is just sensitive enough to sense the tone you intend while cutting off the hum when you mute the strings. If you find that the hum is prominent in the background while your guitar is still ringing, you'll need to find another way to quiet your guitar.

Just checked the manual from the site. The only options are the different :on: levels according to the manual... well here read for yourself.

• ON1 – ON9: The noise gate is on. ON1 is the most sensitive gate level; even light playing will open the gate. ON9 is the least sensitive gate threshold and you will need to play harder to open the gate. Using lower settings will allow even your softest notes to open the gate, but it may also be opened by pickup hum or brushing your hand against the strings. Higher settings will prevent the gate opening from pickup hum or your hand brushing against the strings, but it also won't open on softly played notes. A setting of ON2 – ON3 works best for most situations.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote