Clear all

Behringer Noise Reducer ...

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I just ordered one of these because the Boss cost like $85 plus shipping and I found this for $18 on e-bay. I've seen some pretty good reviews for the pedal, and I read somewhere that it was modeled after the Boss noise suppressor.

Does anyone have any experience with this pedal? Am I going to regret not forking out the big bucks for the Boss pedal?

Thanks,

Jim

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Jim

I don't have experience with this pedal, but let's face it, electronics is electronics. The Boss pedal will have the same components like resistors, diodes.... as the Behringer. You could probably buy all the components for the most expensive pedals for a few dollars. The biggest difference will be the housing. Boss pedals are constructed of metal and very durable. The Behringer pedals are made of a heavy plastic. I own four Behringer pedals, the first thing I noticed when I got them is how heavy they are. They really feel solid. I have found the control knobs to be fragile, but the rest of the pedal is very heavy duty. The footswitch works great and is nice and big.

The worst feature of the Behringer pedals is putting a battery in. You have to press in on both hinges on the foot pedal with a pointed object and pull the foot pedal off. Getting it back on is a little easier. So probably best to also purchase a power supply. I always use a power supply for my pedals, batteries are expensive and go dead at the worst time.

I own lots of Behringer gear (especially PA gear) and have not had any quality issues at all.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks!

Well, I got the pedal. I was a little disappointed that it didn't do anything for the slight fuzz during my playing, but after adjusting the setting a bit, I now have absolute silence when nothing is being played. It feels like chap plastic and the knobs seem a little loose and weak, but the performance seems to be top notch. Fo $18 it certainly does the job with absolutely no loss in tone (because it doesn't do anything while your playing). Definitely a good buy. If it breaks, I can buy four more and still not meet the cost of one Boss.

Jim

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote