0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone tried one of these?
They have some good reviews.
Cheers
http://www.digitech.com/products/multi-effects/RP155.php

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

I actually picked up the RP355 as a sort of XMas present to myself and I like it very much. I'm quite impressed with the modeling quality and for such a low price. The RP155 is very similar to the RP355 - same processor and many of the same models (not as many though) and fewer controls. There's a lot of good sounds in the built-in settings and there's a lot more tweakability for your own settings. There are a bunch of way over the top settings too that are fun to play with for a minute or two or maybe for a specific song.

With the RP155 you'll have to get the free software from Digitech that allows you to edit your setting on the computer - with the small number of controls on the RP155 you won't be able to make all the adjustments you might want. I haven't got around to setting up the software yet for the RP355 but I will.

I don't know what the price for these is in Australia but in the US you can find the RP155 for US$90 to US$100 and if you look you can get the RP355 for $165 (that's what I paid). It's not a big jump in price and the extra controls are well worth it. You get an extra footswitch, the assignable expression pedal (really useful - obviously for wah but also for volume or reverb or just about anything that can be set), the ability to put the RP into "stomp box" mode, and more knobs to allow better tweaking of the settings.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply...
I bought the RP155 has some good sounds but man it is a pain to tweak... I got it back on eBay already lol
I will stick with my Behringer V-Amp 2..
Man I gotta stop buying stuff then selling it at a loss LOL

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

I bought the RP155 has some good sounds but man it is a pain to tweak...

That's one of the reasons that I sprung for the RP355 - it has more knobs for tweaking the sounds. The 155 and the 255 both have fewer knobs and it would be much harder to dial in your settings. The 355 provides as many knobs for each effect model and most of the amp models as the real thing would have so you can dial them in pretty well. There are even more controls available in the computer software you can get for free to use with the 155, 255, or the 355 but then it's not anywhere near as convenient as tweaking the knobs directly and trying it out right then.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote