Clear all

DIYers UNITE! Help!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mth5044)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Anybody that knows anything about truebypass pedals can help me out here, I think. I built a little true bypass box the other day, but it doesnt work. The LED comes on, but there is no signal passing through the pedal. Well there is, but I have to turn my amp pretty much all the way to get a faint signal. I tried using a non-true bypass pedal before it to act as a line-driver buffer thing, but still no luck. Here is a picture I took of the insides.

Click to make it bigger:

I know that isnt the best picture, so here is the diagram I worked off of.

Click to make it bigger:

I got that diagram from here

http://www.singlecoil.com/tb-strip/dia9.html

And the one to the left of the one I used isnt really the same at all. I noticed it doesnt have a battery snap, but I think the difference is larger then that. So I'm pretty much just kicking this pedal around my house because I can't get it to work. So if you want to save a pedals life, help me out! THANKS!

(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

Don't know if this is much help or not, but.... I'm looking at the site you referenced and thinking I'd really like to do the DIY bypass strip they describe.

So I'm looking at the diagrams you worked from and.... I've been studying them for about 10 minutes now and am still working on figuring out exactly which connections to the 3PDT swich do exactly what.

I know I'll figure it out but the diagram you sent a link for isn't real clear about how the switch is wired up. There's a grid of nine connection points but it doesn't actually tell you which connection is which.

So, first thing I'd check is that you don't have the switch turned 90 degrees, you know, so that the switch is all haywire.

Just a guess, bet you've already done that, and I'm probably no help, but ... just thinking....

Best,
Shane

ReplyQuote
(@mth5044)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I ended up using the other diagram they have on the site. It works great (except when you have the LED in the wrong direction :roll: ) I think that the one diagram they have there just flat out doesnt work. It looks like it would, but no dice.
So before you do their stuff, make sure you can live without a battery snap because that one doesnt work.

But I think that it is definitly worth it if you need it.

Thanks, Shane for giving your two cents. Much appreciated.

ReplyQuote