Clear all

EQ Pedal Question

17 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
20.6 K Views
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

OK, after doing some reading I think I will try setting the wah up before everything else. It sounds like it will give a cleaner and less severe effect…

Next question… I order the Dunlop original… how disappointed am I going to be that id don't have true bypass? Is it really going to affect my tone if I don't have this?

Are there other mods I should consider?

Thanks,

Jim

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@stratman_el84)
Estimable Member

OK, after doing some reading I think I will try setting the wah up before everything else. It sounds like it will give a cleaner and less severe effect…

Next question… I order the Dunlop original… how disappointed am I going to be that id don't have true bypass? Is it really going to affect my tone if I don't have this?

Are there other mods I should consider?

Thanks,

Jim

Personally, I think way too much is made of "true bypass". There is *some* effect, but if the pedal is well designed, the effect is usually not noticeable. As to placing the wah early in the effects chain, what you said is the reason I place it there. I also think it helps to provide the wah with the full range of frequencies from the instrument un-colored by any other effects.

Personal preference also plays a role, as some players like the sound of placing the wah after the OD. I also prefer placing the wah ahead of compression, as the compressor will keep signal levels stable as the wah sweeps through it's frequency range, and the output varies with the amount of a particular frequency from the instrument present at the wahs' input.

Cheers!

Strat

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2