Notifications
Clear all

SET UP OF PV6 TO MARSHALL AS50R

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gmwannab)
Topic starter  

Hello to all from a new member! This looks like the place for answers. Talked to Peavey support but the gentlemen I talked to was not that helpful. I am using a Highlander IP-2 want to blend that, so I got the PV-6, running that into the AS50R. He said use line out. Is this correct? Do I need a direct box? He said no. So what I was going to try is...Y cable from the guitar to channels 1-2, then what?? also can I use instrument cable or do I need speaker cables for the connections to the mixer to the amp? THANKS ALOT TO THOSE WHO REPLY! PEACE!

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Welcome to GN.

After a bit of googling (I wanted to be sure exactly what equipment you have - the model numbers didn't jog my memory on their own) it looks like it's fairly straight forward.

From the guitar (IP-2 dual output pickup) to the mixer (PV2) you need a 1/4" stereo (3 conductor) plug at the guitar end, and 2 1/4" plugs at the other. Presumably a cable like this came with the pickup. If not, one like this.
Each of these will have the signal from one channel of your pickup.
Plug those into (as you said) inputs 1&2 of the mixer. These 1/4" inputs are high impedance, and will match well with the pickup's output.
Then run a standard guitar cable from the 1/4" line out (might be labeled main out) of the mixer to the input of the amp (Marshall AS50R Acoustic Amp).

Start with the mixer's input levels all quite low and the master output at the "0" , slowly bring up the input levels on the mixer until the meters are peaking near 0dBm, then slowly bring up the input level on the amp until you get the level you want to hear.
If the amp sounds overdriven, pull down the output level of the mixer, and try again with the amp's input.

It'll probably take less time to do than it took me to type this all out :wink:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote