Skip to content
MXR Phase 90 Reissu...

Notifications
Clear all

MXR Phase 90 Reissue vs. EHX Small Stone USA Reissue...

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ibanezplayer86)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey!

Iwas in my local music shop the other day in search of a PHATTER sounding phaser that what i currently own... which is a Digitech HyperPase (X-series). Naturally I tried out the MXR Phase 90, and liked it alot - but im keen to try the Small Stone also...

Any experiences with either of the two? Thoughts and suggestions...

Cheers.

(@bentley)

yes i was also in the market for a phaser a couple of months ago when i also came across the phase 90 (actually it was the evh phase 90), but i really liked it better than any other phase i had played.

ReplyQuote
(@ibanezplayer86)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

yeah the evh looks to have some added depth with the script function... i was also told that EHX gear breaks and has dodgy switches! :s . that comes as a suprise to me for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@scrtchy)
Estimable Member

I was lucky enough to come across a vintage NYC Small Stone a while back. It is an amazingly cool effect. The slider switch to control depth isn't just up or down like the newer ones, you can actually get increments from it. I leave mine near full up and it is perfect. Not as fine tuning as a dedicated depth knob, but all settings on this pedal are full of depth anyway. I haven't played the Phase 90, but the Small Stone is, to me, very different from most phasers and I don't generally like othe phasers anymore after playing the Small Stone. I also can't really speak for the newer Small Stones, though I would imagine they must be in a similar ball park. i have heard the Russian reissue and though it only has a two position switch, it had the same basic character of my vintage one.

http://www.daughtersandsons.net -Cincinnati CEA Award winners for best original RnB/Funk band! (Bragging is in the user manual and encouraged)(Hi Mom)

ReplyQuote