Clear all

Footswtich problem for crate VTX200s amp

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@leftysteve)
Topic starter  

Hi guys
Just joined this group to see if anyone of you out there can help me with the problem I have with this amp.
Just got it in a swap but the 4 button footswitch that controls the channel switching and effects has a button missing (the channel 4 switch which accesses the additional effects).
I've bought a new switch and LED but have no idea how to wire it up.
On opening the footswitch up there are 2 leads that were presumably attached to the missing switch. One lead comes form the 5 pin DIN socket that connects the footswitch to the amp, and the other lead comes from the adjoining switch (no 3 channel). Looking at the way the other switches are wired it looks like a simple "hook up" is needed but when I've tried this, nothing happens when I plug the footswitch into the amp.
Anyone out there got a similar amp/switch that could let me know what the wiring looks like inside, or does anyone have a schematic of the footswitch?
Be really grateful if I can get some help on this as I'm really pleased with the amp but it's a gonna be a lot better if I can change channels using the switch rather than have to walk over to the amp and change channels using the switches on the amp.
Many thanks
Leftysteve

(@groundzero)

Hello Steve,

I can help with this footswitch problem.

I am in need of one myself so by helping you fix the switch I
can get the info I need to make one for myself. If you still
need this fixed post a new message or if you have fixed it
maybe you can help me.

GroundZero

ReplyQuote
(@leftysteve)
Topic starter  

Hello = thanks for the reply
Sorry it's taken so long to respond but I forgot I'd posted the problem.
Yes - I still have the amp and haven't used it since I posted my query.
If you are able to help me in wiring the switch that would be great.
How can I help you - do you want a schematic or photos of what the switch looks like at present?
Thanks again for the reply - to be honest I'd given up getting any advice.

ReplyQuote