(G)Narnia pedal?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@clazon)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys.

I'm still not 100% up to speed/liking the new set up, but I've had to come back to the forums to ask a question I'd very much like to know the answer to.

Whilst peeking onto the stage of one of my favorite bands I recently saw live, I caught a few glimpses of the lead guitarists pedal board. It appeared he had a white pedal with red writing "Narnia" or "Gnarnia".

Any ideas who makes this pedal/what it does, etc?

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

(@97reb)
Noble Member

No idea, most likely a custom pedal. What band is it? Do they have some songs posted somewhere?

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

The band is Devendra Banhart.

He plays with a famous folk guitarist as a lead guitarist called Noel Redford or something.

However I doubt it is a custom pedal as it seemed to have a properly designed case etc.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

People can take a Boss or Digitech and make major modifications on them, including a very professional "label" change. I know a guitarist locally who has about 8 pedals in his board and about 75% are modded including "label" changes. You just take a regular pedal and solder in some different wiring, capacitors, or potentiometers and there you go.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote