Skip to content
How do I get a smoo...

Notifications
Clear all

How do I get a smooth, creamy overdrive sound?

21 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
14.9 K Views
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

But I think I remember that my ex would have preferred me getting a 30 dollar pedal over a $150 dollar one. :0 But, no pressure. Tell me how you like it when you get it. :lol:
Jim

LOL - So, you don't mind me crashing at your place after the wife kicks me out? I've alerady met (and surpassed) my allowance for gear this month (by the way - thanks Wes for all your help with the new PA systm). I think I need to give it a month or two to let things cool down before making even a minor splurge like this one. It is tempting though. I went to your link and came ever so close to pushing the button .... :? This is definitely being added to the list!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

You guys are killing me. Just like MrJonesey I came upon this thread not needing anything. Now you leave me GASsing for this pedal. Maybe it isn't the GAS that I should be trying to curtail maybe it is the reading of this forum :lol:. Luckily you guys aren't bad influences.

Older Newbie

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

But I think I remember that my ex would have preferred me getting a 30 dollar pedal over a $150 dollar one. :0 But, no pressure. Tell me how you like it when you get it. :lol:
Jim

LOL - So, you don't mind me crashing at your place after the wife kicks me out?

It is tempting though. I went to your link and came ever so close to pushing the button .... :?

Not at all, just bring your gear. LOL OHH well I would not want to tempt anyone, for sure... But its only thirty bucks man.. push it!! :)

I am just kidding, in all seriousness it is a great pedal but nothing like that replaces a family..
Luckily you guys aren't bad influences.

Not at all. :twisted:

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

LOL - So, you don't mind me crashing at your place after the wife kicks me out? I've alerady met (and surpassed) my allowance for gear this month (by the way - thanks Wes for all your help with the new PA systm). I think I need to give it a month or two to let things cool down before making even a minor splurge like this one. It is tempting though. I went to your link and came ever so close to pushing the button .... This is definitely being added to the list!

LOL :D

As expensive as guitar gear is, it does not compare to PA gear. You can spend a fortune on a PA. :shock:

I look at it this way, you need the tools of your trade. A carpenter needs a hammer and saw, a plumber needs a pipe-wrench. And a guitarist, especially if you plan on gigging, needs good guitar and PA gear. It is about getting good sound.

I used to give my ex half of what I made at a gig. Man, she loved it when I played, no problem at all. And if I needed gear to play out, it was all good. :wink:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

I joke about it, but the PA gear was actually her idea. She is now singing some back-up in our band (she's good enough to be up fron, just no confidence). After our first gig, she was hooked. She insisted on us getting better gear before we performed again. I kept a straight face and replied; "sure babe, we'll get some stuff if you want." Then I quielt left the room and did my happy once I was out of sight! :lol: She really is a great gal!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I joke about it, but the PA gear was actually her idea. !

Now you're just trying to make me jealous. LOL OWE to have a woman that was musical... Mine loves listening, and she likes to sing but no aspiration to go semi pro.

Confidence comes with alot of praise for singers. Singing makes you feel VERY vulnerable. Lots of practice and pats on the back will help.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2