Clear all

How to cut through the fuzz?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@nexion)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

If I am playing a song that feels like it has a million pounds of sludge on it, and I want to cut through the fuzz for one shrieking note, and then straight back to fuzz, what would I need?

Thanks for any help! 8)

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

If you have the tones turned down on your axe for the fuzz , just turn up the tone for that moment and then turn it back down.

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

A wah pedal would do this! Just set it so when you turn it on it stays at toe down position and it filters out the tone to s shrieking high! Then right time you do it cut the wah off with a press. Definitly a good trick of the trade when using a wah pedal. Not only does it do the wah effect but it can also act like a tone control!

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@geek-in-the-pink)
Estimable Member

Cool Flashback, I never knew that! Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

You could also have an EQ pedal set with the lows down and some mids up and some highs up. Kind of like the letter N.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

And you might want to put the wah before the fuzz; otherwise it might get a little too shrill/nasal sounding. Experiment though. :)

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, those are all good suggestions!

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote