Clear all

Ibanez Sonic Distortion problem

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Forgive me if this topic has been brought up, but I have a vintage Ibanez Sonic Distortion pedal that I love. The problem: after years of non-use, it works but it won't let me bypass it. I'll describe:

It's hooked up to 4 other pedals usually, but I've also tried it alone. When I stomp it on, it works great. Then I stomp off and I can hear my guitar in a very low volume distortion mode. I've tried AC power and battery. Any ideas for a solution? (I'm no good at taking things apart or fixing or anything like that. Hoping for a simple solution!) TIA!

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

(@mrdaveyk)

sounds the same as my big muff problem, i got a couple of suggestions, my topic is at top of page, might help ya!

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, mrdaveyk! My first reply on this topic. Sounds like it must be a ground wire, I guess. I'm not much good at these "take it apart and check it out" things, but perhaps my hubby's up to the task. My biggest worry is that this is a vintage pedal. But if it's not working properly, who cares...right??? Thanks and have a great day!!!

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@lunchmeat)
Estimable Member

IF the pedal is worth something (vintage, or whatever), then yeah, you should care...because it's still vintage. It can be repaired. If you can't repair it, someone else probably can.

Check the footswitch as well, if you can.

-lunchmeat

ReplyQuote