Clear all

Lead Volume Boost Recommendation

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I just want to recommend to those who are looking to boost your lead volume over the rest of the band without compromising your tone to get the MXR Custom Audio Electronics MC-401 Boost Pedal. I've looked on these boards before without much luck with the Fish & Chips pedal recommendation. I just got this last week...finally found what I was looking for. You can check it out a demonstration on Youtube.

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

an equalizer can do this . you can set the output at a higher volume and tweak the freqs to retain your tone. then when you stomp on the pedal you stand out front.
a volume pedal can do this too.
a ToneBone does this.
I have a boost pedal someone gave me. never use it.
you want it?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yes, the Danelectro Fish & Chips is an EQ pedal. You can use it for a volume boost, but it's primary function is to fine-tune your tone.

I own the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, it is a great boost pedal.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

The last pedal in my (short) FX chain is an Ernie Ball volume pedal. This pedal allows me to completely and continuously control the range of signal going into my amp -- from zero (muted) to max out from my FX chain. The Ernie Ball pedal also doubles as a manual swell effect.

While I play, I will generally approximate the amp and guitar and FX (overdrive, delay ...) volumes and gains to achieve the tones I would like, making sure the pedal is not fully "on" but still gives me a bit of headroom to go to "11" as required. If I make a mistake on the loud side, it's very easy to back off the signal level to the amp to correct. The one thing this doesn't do is keep an amp in output saturation -- if that happens to be your goal.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote