Clear all

led lights on all the time

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jamesando_2000)
Topic starter  

Hi all,

I'm a bit of a newb! I was wondering if anybody can help me. I have a daisy chain power supply set up for my pedals, a boss metal core, mxr overdrive and a behringer digital delay. Pedals work fine, but when I plug the power supply in the led lights stay on, on the behringer and the boss. The effects work fine but i have no idea if the effect is on or off unless i play something to find out coz the light is always on. Can anybody help??

Cheers,
James

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

First thing that comes to mind is the polarity. All devices, that use low voltage supplies have a diagram to show the polarity of the connector.

Like this

Here, the outside sheath is positive and the inside, negative. I do know that the manufacturers are not consistent and some have the sheath as positive and others as negative. Check that all your pedals have the same polarity.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

What power supply do you have? The One Spot works great for this. Sometimes the LEDs will stay lit if the power output is too low. You could try plugging each pedal into the supply separately to see if the LED functions properly.

If it does, I would guess that the PS is not strong enough for the daisy chain. The Boss Metal Core & The Behringer use the same polarity, which is pin - , and barrel (sleeve) +.

ReplyQuote