Marshall Guv'nor Plus pedal

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@markii)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello,
Picked up a used pedal from Music go round a weeks ago, Love the pedal, My only problem is everytime I come back to it the battery is dead. I assumed if the red LED was off it is not drawing any power? is that not true?

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Not true, if you leave the guitar cord plugged in to the "in" socket the power will still be on, and the battery will be drained. Leaving the cord plugged in to the "out" socket usually doesn't drain power. To check this, try unplugging the cord that goes to the "in" socket & push the foot switch - the light shouldn't come on. Just remember to pull the cord out when done playing each time.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@markii)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Not true, if you leave the guitar cord plugged in to the "in" socket the power will still be on, and the battery will be drained. Leaving the cord plugged in to the "out" socket usually doesn't drain power. To check this, try unplugging the cord that goes to the "in" socket & push the foot switch - the light shouldn't come on. Just remember to pull the cord out when done playing each time.

Hey thanks Dan, I'll give that a try when I get home from work.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Buy yourself a Onespot and stop wasting your money on batteries you'll be glad you did. I have the same pedal and I few others and they are all the same they drain batteries, especially if you leave it plugged in. And the batteries always seem to die when you need them the most.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Buy yourself a Onespot and stop wasting your money on batteries you'll be glad you did. I have the same pedal and I few others and they are all the same they drain batteries, especially if you leave it plugged in. And the batteries always seem to die when you need them the most.

+1 on the Onespot. No more batteries & you can leave your pedals plugged in all the time! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

BTW, just noticed you live in Brookfield. I'm over in Janesville. I'll wave next time I see you around. :wink:

ReplyQuote