Clear all

ME-50 muffles my Polytone

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tomb53)
Topic starter  

Hi folks,

Just bought the Boss ME-50 and so far am concluding that it has some nifty sounds in it, but that it muffles the presence and quality of my little Polytone (15" speaker, nice fat sounding jazz amp). No matter how I set the ME-50, it sounds like I've just put a thick blanket over the amp. Lots of crisp, full overtones are lost as compared to running directly through the amp, or even through my 80's Tube Screamer and boss chorus pedal. Has anyone had this experience? I would be surprised to read so many favorable reports on a product that does this - what am I missing? I've tried placing the ME-50 in front of the amp in the chain, as well as running it through the amp's effects loop. Even playing through the ME-50 straight (no effects) muffles my amp's natural sound..... Any ideas?

Tomb53

(@97reb)
Noble Member

So, you have the Tone Modify off, compressor, Noise Suppression, and Reverb all turned far left, which is off. Are you running batteries or did you get the PS120 power supply?

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@tomb53)
Topic starter  

I'm using the power supply. Haven't tried batteries yet.

ReplyQuote