Clear all

MXR Micro Amp

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

So for Christmas I got the MXR Micro Amp pedal. I haven't used it too much, but I already really like it. As of now I am just using it for solos, but it also gives good overdrive if you crank it all the way. I have a big muff that use most of the time for fuzz, but for great overdrive at lower(and louder) volumes, the MXR delivers quite nicely. It also has a true bypass and doesn't color your sound at all(unless you have it cranked that is). Even though my effects chain isn't too long (MXR, Whammy, Big Muff-which is basically a early Jack White setup) it really is useful.

So I was just wondering if anyone else here had one/used one and their thoughts on it.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

(@stratman_el84)
Estimable Member

Ahhh, yes! I had one of those many years ago that I used with a Les Paul and a 100 watt Marshall stack back in the old '70s biker-bar gig days. Great boost pedal! The one MXR pedal I still use to this day is the MXR Dyna-Comp, might want to check that one out as well. Also, the next pedal on my wish list is an MXR M-108 10 band graphic EQ. A good EQ is very very useful. I had one of those back in the day also, but alas it went the way of the Les Paul and the Marshall stack . :cry:

Cheers!

Strat

ReplyQuote