Skip to content
New here, got a que...

Notifications
Clear all

New here, got a question about my Digitech Whammy pedal.

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@yjing)
Topic starter  

Hey everyone, i'm new to the forums, I guess as an introduction: I've been playing for 6 years, several bands, several gigs including Don Hill's and CBGB's in NYC. I play an Ibanez RG570 w/ Floyd Rose. I just sold my Marshall TSL 100/ 1960 Lead Cabinet for something more practical and extra cash being a college student. I plain out just did not need that much power. I now have the new Fender Stage 1000 and its pretty sick.

Now to my question about the Digitech Whammy pedal. I've search all over the net and couldn't find anything. Basically, the pedal when fully in the up position, doesn't bring the pitch back to tune. Like if I was on the 2 octave pedal, hit the low E pedal goes up, it hits 2 octaves higher, when I bring the pedal back to go back to low E it doesn't. It stays sliglty higher. I'd stay around 2 whole steps up. Why is this? Nothing is blocking it from going down anymore, as a matter of fact i removed the rubber paddings under the pedal thinking it was because of that. If I physically pull the pedal to reach the correct tuning of the guitar, it does... but with a lot of effort. Obviously this isn't what I paid $200 for. I bought this a while ago, and never had time to get around to fixing it, so I can't just send it back having no idea where the receipt is and all. I thought i'd try my luck here, if not i'll call Digitech. Thanks in advance. 8)

- Marc

(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I've heard complants about the new whammy's from a few people. If you can return it, do so, and look for an original whammy. People seem to like the original a lot more.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@crandles)
Trusted Member

you need to recalibrate it, i dont recall exactly how to do it but i know part of it is holding the toggle switch down while you plug it in to get it in the proper mode.

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

I found the Digitech site and on page 10 they give a treadle recalibration procedure.

I googled digitech whammy and they have downloads available in pdf format.

I'm going to try to give the link here but being a little computer illiterate I might not be successful.

http://www.digitech.com/products/whammy.htm

Hope it helps!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@yjing)
Topic starter  

Thanks for all the replies!!! I emailed Digitech and a techy explained the recalibration procedure. I'll post it up incase anyone has this problem in the future so they can search for it. Thanks again.

Whammy Pedal Calibration

When you calibrate to Whammy pedal, Power up holding the bypass switch
and when the LED starts flashing release the bypass switch, when you
rock the expression pedal back and forth the LED should continue to
flash, If the LED is following the movement of the pedal then you held
the bypass switch to long, so with the LED flashing rock the pedal all
the way back and all the way forward slowly twice, then press and
release the bypass switch.

- Marc

ReplyQuote