Clear all

octaver pedal?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jtb226)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey everyone. just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for an octaver pedal. i really like boss pedals, and was looking at the oc-2 or oc-3. anyone know the differences? all i am really seeing is that the oc-3 has 2 more modes on it that i don't think i really need. also, i've seen members mentioning behringer pedals a lot lately. i know they make an octaver pedal, and it definitely fits my price range a little better than the boss pedals, but i was just wondering about the durability of those. will they hold up for a gigging musician? also, are there any other brands i should consider? thanks for the help!

"Heavy decibels are playing on my guitar
We got vibrations comin' up from the floor
We're just listenin' to the rock
That's givin' too much noise....
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution"
~AC/DC

(@hoop71)
Trusted Member

I have the Boss OC-2. It can make some pretty wicked sounds. Although when I bought it I did know the other two octaves it produces are lower than the signal. It gets very bassy and dark. It's not the harmonic splender I thought it would be. Also you can't really play chords when it's on the mix gets so jumbled it sounds terrible. That being said its a good pedal and I have found new uses for it. It's great for Metal or anything were you want a think bassy sound.

Good Luck

"my choice is what i choose to do
and if i'm causing no harm
it shouldn't bother you
your choice is who you choose to be
and if your causin' no harm
then you're alright with me"
~Ben Harper

ReplyQuote
(@jtb226)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

one of the main things i'm looking at it for is that my band wants to cover "whiskey in the jar" and i'd like to give it a metallica-esque feel by using the octaver. it sounds like the oc 2 would be good for that.

"Heavy decibels are playing on my guitar
We got vibrations comin' up from the floor
We're just listenin' to the rock
That's givin' too much noise....
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution"
~AC/DC

ReplyQuote