Clear all

pedal order

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@teamastra)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I know this is probably the most common question ever asked in this forum but here goes

I've got a few pedals and i kinda know what order to put them in but i'm gettin a few additions and am after opinions on where to put them, i have the following pedals in the following order

Boss tu2
Marshall Compressor
Cry baby wah
Big muff
Boss bd 2 blues driver
boss af2 flanger
EH Small clone chorus
Schaller trem
Boss dd 2

i've just got a digitech synth wah and will be getting a boss re 20 space echo.

I will probably get rid of the dd2 and replace it with the re20 but am unsure where to put the synth wah?

also i'm not sure if i need to get a noise suppressor or eq so any advice on these would be appreciated

thanks in advance

(@leear)
Honorable Member

Not sure what the Boss tu2 is but if it's like a tube screamer or any OD it's ok just keep it by the rest of the gain manipulating pedals, from experience i like this.

Cry Baby
Big Muff
Boss Tu2
Blues Driver
Flanger
Chorus
Trem
Compressor
DD2

I've learned wah should be first in-line, and compressor close to last because you want to compress the signal out if you compress it before your chorus or flanger etc.. then those signals are not "true" you're compressing the Chorus before it leaves the pedal. If that makes since. As far as actual order that's up to you. It should be close to something like this though.

EQ
WAH
OD/Distortion
Modulation
Compressor/GATES
DELAY/REVERB
Volume.

That's a pretty good general order now you may have 12 OD pedals and 2 modulation as long as the modulation pedals are after the OD pedals it doesn't matter if Chorus is before flanger. Now everyone has an opinion on this so I'm sure others will chime in and hate my example. Vica Versa for them it's really all personall opinion.

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote
(@teamastra)
Topic starter  

thanks for the reply, the tu2 is a tuner

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

EQ
WAH
OD/Distortion
Modulation
Compressor/GATES
DELAY/REVERB
Volume.

I agree for the most part. I like my volume pedal before the delay/reverb. maybe it is a matter of taste, but I like the natural cascade and decay I get this way. plus I can shut down the signal while the delay is going and change things.
things sound different in different combinations. it is good to experiment.
my basic rule (like the above) is gain or tone effects first and time effects last.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

This GN lesson might help you as well.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote