Notifications
Clear all

Pedal Questions

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@strutyourstrat)
Topic starter  

Hello! I have been playing guitar for about 3 years now (took lessons for a year and I am still terrible... :? ) and one thing that has always intrigued me were FX. I have a Reggae band and figured now would be the time to experiment with this unkown territory. I've been looking at amps with effects (line 6 and such), but because I know nothing about which "thingy" does what, I decided to start off with a pedal. Can someone please give me some information on what would be a good, quality guitar pedal with multiple effects while remaining not too over the top expensive (I realize beggers cant be choosers, but this begger doesn't have alot of dough! :lol: )

(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Korg and Zoom both make cheap multi-effect pedals . I have a Zoom 505 II that has some awesome sounds , especially through headphones . It is able to use multiple effects at once and all the parameters are adjustable . They can be had in the $50 to $70 range .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

check out zoom and digitech, good multi effects for a great price 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@itziks)
Estimable Member

zoom g2 - It replaces the zoom 505II

and if you can afford a little more - the zoom G2.1U
same multi-effect + pedal + usb connection to computer + Cubase software for recording your guitar to the computer
best value money can get

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I have the Zoom G2.1u as well and I am very happy with it. It has a lot of effects and modellers, including a couple of wah-wah which can be used for your reggae.

Review these couple of threads:
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29777
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25219

Nuno

PS. BTW welcome to GN 8)

ReplyQuote