Clear all

PedalTone Quest!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys. Ok, this is a bit of a long shot, but I've got a recording here and I'd really like some suggestions for pedals that might be able to get this sound.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/168ee3/n/Tone_examples_mp3
The first thing I play is a good example of what I like about the sound - The way it responds to strong pick attack and to palm muting. Then it gets a very saturated thick tone when doing chords (I play a lot of metal so I need that) and its got quite a fuzzy, tone.
You should be able to hear most of the time when I change from neck to bridge pickup. I'm using active EMGs, so ideally I need something will a lot of gain to compensate on other guitars
The deal is that this is sound patch on my Boss 8 track, but for various reasons its not suitable for use as an effects pedal. Hence I want something to replicate the sound. Any ideas?

Oh, and I've tried the Big Muff, but I find its sound too thin on lead and the other Muff pedals I just dont like.

Prizes for people who can name the tunes!
:note2: 8) (or not)

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

scroll down and use the 2nd download service

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

You'd probably get a better response by using www.soundclick.com or www.box.net where you can stream your mp3. Those sites like FileFactory are often ad and virus laden and I know I don't like downloading a bunch of mp3 that I have to go back and delete at some point.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote