Notifications
Clear all

pickups

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@joshuaguy)
Topic starter  

i need a new set of pickups and i have no idea of what to get i want a set of humbuckers that will sounds sweet through a hughes and kettner head...the style i play is like screamo/hardcore so i want something with clarity????any ideas?

(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

Need or want? :D Check out Dimarzio's.

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i 2nd the dimarzio's

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

3rd for Dimarzio! Oh wait, mine just arrived and I haven't installed them yet ...

But, I'm curious about wanting "clarity" of sound for "screamo/hardcore." Has the definition of hardcore changed?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

But, I'm curious about wanting "clarity" of sound for "screamo/hardcore." Has the definition of hardcore changed?

:lol:

The last screamo/hardcore guitarist I heard, at least it did to me, had a set-up where every note he played sounded exactly the same.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

and who was that?

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@joshuaguy)
Topic starter  

1 i need the new pickups cause mine just squeal
2 i know what you mean by every note sounding the same i dont just play that style its the best way to discribe the band im in
3 i want my note changing to be heard not just muffled

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

and who was that?

No one famous or anything. Just a local band. Not exactly the kind of music I dig to begin with, so perhaps I'm (extremely) biased.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Are you sure it's not your amp settings that's causing the problem? I personally would go with EMG's and less gain on the amp. Some careful eq could help as well. I would spend a day just tweaking amp settings before I spent the money. Boosting highs and lows and dumping mids isn't always the answer. Tweak and listen, tweak and listen. That's what I would do first.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote