Clear all

quiet practice ... real noob Q

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@gram99)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've decided to learn electric guitar and have inherited a nice fender. what do I need to buy that I can plug it into and listen on headphones. I live in an apartment for now and a loud amp is soooo out of the question.
thanks
gram 99

"Nothing happens until something moves."

Albert Einstein

(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

You can buy just about any little practice amp that has a headphone jack, many will have a distortion channel also. If you need effects you'll have to go a bit fancier. BTW I usually practice on my electric unplugged, not much sound but I just do it to improve my technique, way quieter than an acoustic.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

little practice amp, then go from there 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

I use my V-Amp2 at night when I HAVE TO BE QUITE :) , guitar & headphones plugs straight into it and you have all the effects too..

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@gram99)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks everyone for the prompt reply. I'll get a small amp with a headphone out. seems so obvious now. thanks again.

"Nothing happens until something moves."

Albert Einstein

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I use my V-Amp2 at night when I HAVE TO BE QUITE :) , guitar & headphones plugs straight into it and you have all the effects too..

Keith

Don't Rule out the V-Amp option. They're great. They're versatile and you can get a TON of sounds from them. Plus they don't cost very much oh and yeah they sound AWESOME with headphones on :)

D-

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote