Clear all

recommend a wah pedal

11 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

preferrably one with a true bypass. i hear a lot of praise for the bad horsie II, and of course a lot of people have the dunlop crybaby. what's your ideal wah, and why?

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I just picked up the BHII a couple of days ago and really like it. I'm not a big pedal mashing guy but, I'll easily grow to love this pedal. Plus, I bought it used for $50 at GC. :shock: Score!!! :D

You can control the level and the contour of it (total pitch when fully engaged) which is really nice. I've been messin' with Voodoo Chile - SRV and can pretty much nail the wah sound. It will still take some time to get used to it, but that's just me.

There, got that off my chest and I didn't even need to start my own thread. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I have the Dunlop Crybaby and sometimes find it a little nasal. It depends on the other effects I have going. I like the crybaby with my new Behringer VD1 into my Epi VJ heads. The only tone controls there being on the guitar and the VD1. I have read good reviews on the BHII. I want to do more experimenting myself to find the "right" Wah. I really think the less you have going on effect-wise while using a Wah, the better.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

I have a Dunlop Original CryBaby, but like someone previously said, I'm not 100% satisfied.

I've heard a lot of good things going for the Clyde Mc'Coy(?) Vox wah.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Best seller right now on musiciansfriend is the ibanez weeping demon wah.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
 ss43
(@ss43)
Trusted Member

I have an old thomas corp cry baby shoved in the closet, I need to replace the sweep pot. I also have a vox (897?) that has been modded with some goodies like an adjustable tone control, true bypass, a battery on/off switch, increased sweep range, as well as some other goodies like extra gain that make it sound really nice.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I have an old thomas corp cry baby shoved in the closet, I need to replace the sweep pot.

I have one too :D I think I paid something like $19.99 new for that thing :lol: I still use it 8)

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

I have heard good things about the Dime crybaby from hell, though it is more expensive($150). Im thinking about asking for it for christmas myself as ive always wanted a wah.
Has anyone here played or heard it?

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@jtb226)
Estimable Member

i have the dunlop mr. crybaby super. for those not familiar, it is a wah and volume pedal, which i really like. it also has a mid-boost, which i don't think i've ever used (the button is on the side and very hard to kick in with your foot). the wah has a pretty good sound and i am highly satisfied with what i got for the money.

"Heavy decibels are playing on my guitar
We got vibrations comin' up from the floor
We're just listenin' to the rock
That's givin' too much noise....
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution"
~AC/DC

ReplyQuote
(@bold_as_love)

I would recommend just a standard Vox Wah. They have a much better treble and bass response than a Dunlop or Morley and they work better with other pedals (fuzz, od's). And if you want you can send it Keeley and he'll goose up the sound for you, but if you run an od pedal with it, it gets the same sound, i think.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i've had the bad horsie2 for over a year now, best wah out imho 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote