Help with multi effects

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I am confused and frustrated with my setup right now. My current list of pedals are a Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner, Fish n Chips 7band EQ, Digitech Multi Chorus, and a Boss RC20XL loop station.

The other day I had my guitar plugged into the tuner and then into my Traynor amp. The loop station was plugged into through the effects loop in the back of the amp. I couldnt do anything to get volume out of the amp. Messed around with it a while and eventually unplugged the loop station and boom I had volume.

Today I bought the Digitech Multi Chorus and plugged it in. Guitar, tuner, Chorus, AMP. Same thing. Low volume even with everything turned to max. Unplugged the digitech and I have sound.

The looper was using a boss power supply. The chorus was using the I-Spot that I purchased a while back. The tuner uses the same power source as the chorus pedal.

I had posted a while back that the fish n chips eq was having trouble too but with it, it would make this squeal that would start low and get really loud. I never figured that out but maybe its related.

I hope someone has some suggestions. I really need to use this chorus pedal and I need to get used to it soon. I went this direction with multi pedals but I have had nothing but frustration.

OHH to add, the looper and chorus pedal are using different instrument cables. I had thought that maybe (before I bought the chorus) that it was one of the cables.

HELP :)

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

LOL Well, I figured it out. All along my 9v battery in my guitar was dying. I had no idea the effect that would have. Figured it wouldnt work at all but I guess as it dies the amount of power isnt enough to drive all the effects.

Learned something.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I forgot my electro acoustic has a battery... I must put a spare in my case. You just know it's going to run out at the worst possible moment. Glad you got it sorted, and thanks for the reminder :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I go ahead and splurge for multipacks of 9-volts these days, if the cost per battery is lower enough to merit the out of pocket cost. With so many effects and gadgets that I own needing 9-volts.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I forgot my electro acoustic has a battery... I must put a spare in my case. You just know it's going to run out at the worst possible moment.

Rule of thumb when you play out, always change the battery before the show. If the "other" battery was still good, fine, use it for practice. Brand new one for the show.

ReplyQuote