Clear all

Which order?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've lost all my links to Pedal order so can somebody tell me if an EQ goes before or after chorus? By the way I'm using the distortion and reverb from my amp via a footswitch.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

That's a good question. They're both filter type effects; on the one hand, you'd be eq'ing the chorus sound, on the other you'd be 'chorusing' the eq'd sound.

I'd almost want to eq first and then chorus. The other way around and you might be emphsizing weird frequencies from the chorus. See where I'm going with this? Chorus is time-delay (in a way) so...I'm still thinking eq first, chorus second.

Good question though :)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

That is the way I have mine. EQ and then chorus. Dunno if its right.. But sure does sound purty.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I've lost all my links to Pedal order so can somebody tell me if an EQ goes before or after chorus? By the way I'm using the distortion and reverb from my amp via a footswitch.

http://www.fenderplayersclub.com/pdfs/lessons/ordering_of_effects.pdf

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

An EQ is one of those effects that has no fixed place. What you could do: remove all EQs from your chain, disable all otehr effects. Now put the first effect on and see if it needs EQ'ing. If so, put an EQ after it and get the sound right. Now enable the 2nd effect and verify if it needs an EQ. Do this for every effect until you reach the last one.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Arjen that's really good advice. With only one pedal(that's all I have :oops: ) it shouldn't take me to long to figure out. 8)

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Thanx for the link Moonrider, seems to be a good graphic display of effects and their placement in the chain.
Will use their suggestions when I set my board up . Should be a good starting point. And like others have said it can be changed and tweaked as needed.
Robbie

ReplyQuote