Skip to content
Sovtek Green Tank B...

Notifications
Clear all

Sovtek Green Tank BIG MUFF PI - How Much?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I don't see many of these - if I have EVER seen one before, maybe in the 80's/early 90's, I have forgotten about it.

I have tried to research and only found that this is the original, has 4 chassis screws and elongated or tall lettering.

Later models had 6 chassis screws, fatter, wider lettering, and they gave way to other Soviet Versions, finally Electro Harmonix. I discovered forums and sites where people have already re-housed them in modern boxes, or with mods.

But I can't find a price. Can anybody tell me what one of these is worth, please? I have a chance to buy one, looked at it, there are no scratches, is just as ugly as new. :shock: The seller is unable to give a price either, I must make a fair offer.

It definitely has the darker flat finish of the above, with the subtly different style lettering, most noticeable on the "M", but is in the condition of the one below; no wooden box however. There seems to be no info on the variation below. :|

Oh... I got the info at bigmuffmuseum.com - it is a close, not perfect refin of the original green version by Paul Setzer.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.