Vox v847 Wah pedal tuning?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I just got a vox v847 Wah pedal and it doesn't seem to have much of a range with the sweep at all. I've read some places you can "tune" it by moving some plastic piece underneath. Anyone have any specific instructions on this?

Thanks

(@stratman_el84)
Estimable Member

There is a geared potentiometer that is turned by a toothed rail/rod attached to the pedal action. The rail is pressed against the gear by a plastic piece. You can loosen the screw holding the plastic tensioner and pull the rail away enough to rotate the potentiometer one way or the other to bring the "knee" of the sweep response to where you need it.

Caution! Check to make sure that you don't go too far, as the potentiometer has a limit to how far it can turn, and you can damage it by trying to force it too far. Make sure to check before trying it, while in your hands, that the pedals' mechanical range doesn't hit the potentiometers' stops at either end, especially the end where it needs just a 'little more' to operate the bypass switch. Good luck!

Cheers!

Strat

ReplyQuote
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Wow perfect instructions.

I figured that was the case, but didn't want to try it unless I was sure. Thanks a lot.

ReplyQuote
(@stratman_el84)
Estimable Member

Wow perfect instructions.

I figured that was the case, but didn't want to try it unless I was sure. Thanks a lot.
You're very welcome! :D

As to the perfect instructions...well...when you've done something so many times over a few decades... :wink:

Cheers!

Strat

ReplyQuote