Clear all

what product to use

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@egg007)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I currently have a 'vintage' Zoom 707 II which i play through and it's good for various samples. But i'm looking to buy a product that will allow me to record several layers on top of each other onto one file. Ideally i would like a handheld device that would let me plug straight in from either the effects pedal or even from the amp. I've found a few products but really after some unbiased advice on the best on the market. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hi egg007. I've got no idea as I don't do any recording, but there might be some useful info in the "In The Studio" section of the forum. Might keep you going until folks respond.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

It sounds like you want a looper. The Digitech JamMan and the Boss RC series of pedals (there's a low end and a high end version) are the popular ones here. I have a JamMan and it has been a great practice tool. I can add tracks (up to 99), copy them if I want, add layers on top, change tempo, use the simple built in rhythm track, etc. It works great for this. It's not a pro recording tool but a practice tool or for use live. I've seen a guitar player do a complete show using it to build tracks live and play on top of them. Pretty cool.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote