Guess that Riff VII

1,081 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
144.5 K Views
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Have a good trip Boogie, I'm sure you'll want to get back home after your long days of training.

I don't know much about this band, so I had to look them up. According to the info I found, they're a Prog. Rock band from New York state. They've been using their current name since 2001 when one of their band members left. From 1995 to 2001 they had a name taken from African tribe chants for "naked prey".

Ok, that should give our "riffers gang" something to work with for awhile. :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

No idea, sorry - clue needed.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

No idea, sorry - clue needed.

Hey, someone else is still playing! :D I thought it was just Boogie & myself for awhile there. Welcome back greybeard! 8)

Well, the previous clues I gave should direct you to the band in question, just remember, Google is your friend! :wink:

More clues:

The lead singer/lead guitarist plays a Gibson double-neck guitar ala Jimmy Page in this video, has hudge hair, and has a very unique vocal style!

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

With your clues I know the band, but would never have considered them prog rock. BTW, my 14 year old daughter and I will be seeing this band and others in early December.

Gotta get myself ready to go to class. See you guys later this week.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, not too many more clues that I can give without just giving it away, (which I pretty much did allready!) :wink:

The song name has been revealed in my clues/messages, and the band name should be easy to figure out.

Anyone else wanna play? :D

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Hah, Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria.

Sweet.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

We have a winner! :D

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Hey guys, I'm back. No new riff while I was gone? :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys, I'm back. No new riff while I was gone? :shock:

Nope, been kinda quiet around these parts pardner. Tumble weeds blowing by... dust kickin' up... hawks flying by... haven't spoted a riff around though. :(

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Hmm... I thought perhaps you guys were waiting for me to get back. :)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hmm... I thought perhaps you guys were waiting for me to get back. :)

Could be Boogie, could be. :wink:

TaylorR was last online yesterday, so I don't know. :roll:

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, it doesn't look like TaylorR is going to be posting a new riff anytime soon, so since I was the last one to post a riff, I suggest that in order to keep the game alive, the next riff poster is open to everyone. :)

Step on up, don't be shy, and riff away! 8)

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Hear's an oldie that was covered by a punk band a little over 20 years after this song's original release.

Boogie's Guess That Riff #35

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

When I got my first car, I had to drive off in a used VW. I couldn't drive off in one of these shiny, new gas guzzlers.

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I want to answer, but my recording system is being repaired right now. I think I had to send it to El Dorado.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 73