Clear all

Guess that Riff VII

1,081 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
144.5 K Views
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Nice riff, sounds very punk-ish to me. Reminds me of the Sex Pistols, Ramones and others. Can't put my finger onto it yet - and I can definitely hear the drums kicking in hard after the riff is played twice. Might need a bit of a hint.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

If I played the main riff to this song, everyone would probably recognize it right away. This is the bridge part, and is played right before the guitar solo kicks in. It also helps to think of a certain Northern USA city that's associated with rock were this artist hails from. Some would say he's quite mad... I think I've said too much. :wink:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

If I played the main riff to this song, everyone would probably recognize it right away. This is the bridge part, and is played right before the guitar solo kicks in. It also helps to think of a certain Northern USA city that's associated with rock were this artist hails from. Some would say he's quite mad... I think I've said too much. :wink:

Maybe a touch too much. I knew it already but now I know for sure.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Did you know this really is a disease, and it really can make you go insane?

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Hi Dan,

I just wrote a long reply, and when your message came through, I stuffed everything up :cry:

Thanks for the hint, I am not quite there yet. Earlier on, I played around with cities (Detroit, Seattle) and a few 'mad' artists - Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne .. not sure if i am on the right track here.

Saw 'Seasick Steve' live last night - fantastic show, so much energy and power - and need to wait until i get back home from work later on today. Will definitely give it another try tonight....

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Actually a band from New York put the label of "rock" on this city that is also famous for mass production of something not related to music, although some people do claim to hear music from them. :wink: Think mad guitarists...

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Well - done some thinking. Detroit "Rock City" must be it (Kiss are indeed from NYC - Wikipedia is your friend...). Now one of the truly mad guitarists I can think of may be Ted Nugent, wild and crazy. Haven't listened to any of his songs for years, and the one that he'll be forever remembered by is Cat Scratch Fever. Could this be it?

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Well, I don't know where it comes from. If that's what you're saying.

...whoah. I thought you were kidding. I just looked it up. Kinda scary sorta.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Cat Scratch Fever is correct! Take it away bloos66! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Cool - I'll post a new riff tomorrow - something simple and easy to guess....

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, I don't know where it comes from. If that's what you're saying.

...whoah. I thought you were kidding. I just looked it up. Kinda scary sorta.

I know, I thought Ted just made it up, (and I'm sure knowing Ted that he wasn't really thinking about the actual disease!).

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Riff-lovers,

here's the next one - http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7523355&q=hi

My apologies if it's too easy, not in key, not in the right tempo, etc .... still learning and quite thrilled by it!

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Sounds ok to me, but then again I'm not sure what song it is! :P

We need some more players in this game. Maybe we can get the king of the games forum; Musenfreund to finally join this game?! :)

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

I think it's Queen's Crazy Little Thing Called Love ... or maybe the Who's Squeezebox ... lol, does making two guesses disqualify me? Of course I could be completely wrong on both. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Yes, you guessed correctly - perhaps you want to tell us which one of these it is. Hint - the band's from the UK, some original members are dead, they are still touring - in fact, one of them only played here in Sydney a few weeks ago. Both guitar players are legendary, my rendition doesn't do the song any justice....

gabba, over to you to record and post a new riff!

ReplyQuote
Page 43 / 73