1,081 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
144.5 K Views
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Nope, not Pearl Jam.

Released in 1971, co-written with another member from his former group. The single had a picture of him in black wearing a cowboy hat & strumming an acoustic guitar, which isn't the instrument he normally palys.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

HA HA HA HA!

I just got all the clues. And finally the song clicked in my head.

Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

And we have a winner! :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

I'm pretty sure this is Clapton. Which is what I was referring to in my previous post: "sans fil" as in Unplugged. Could be wrong but I know this song would be considered classic.

Ooops! I'm a little slow. I figured out the last one just as I was leaving the house.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Aaaahh, I got this too last night when I went to bed, was too late to post though. The clues were a real give-away, easy, star. I still find a close similarity between It Don't Come Easy and More Than A Feeling. Well done, you kept us guessing...

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Here's a short one:

Guess #2

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Here's a short one:

Guess #2
Wow....that was post 666.........sumpin' goin' on here...maybe..

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Here's a short one:

Guess #2

Nicely played. :D I know it, but I'll give someone else a shot since I just did the last one. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

I just don't know - it's been on my lips for the best part of the day, but I can't think of the chorus, and I am sure it's so easy! A hint or two would be appreciated. I am thinking along the lines of Offspring, Presidents of the USA, Weezer, All-American Rejects and Green Day. Oooh, too hard...

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Yeah it definitely seems like it could be from one of those modern pop-punk groups, but it's much older. Same time frame as the one Dan posted last time, plus or minus a year.

This was one of the singer/guitarist's most popular songs, and it is also known for its producer's style.

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

I just don't know - it's in my head, but I can't remember the words. It's probably something so obvious and simple that I am going to be completely embarrassed. Maybe one more hint??

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

It was originally a b-side in the UK, but a top-10 single in the US pop charts.

The song might be associated with good fellows, but you won't find it on the soundtrack.

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Wow....that was post 666.........sumpin' goin' on here...maybe..

Make me think of another hint: this artist sometimes had religious references in his lyrics, but this song was about his relationship with a particular woman.

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

I am sorry, have to give up - I simply have no idea :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

"What is Life" - George Harrison?

ReplyQuote
Page 45 / 73