Clear all

Apologies

12 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@niliov)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thank you for the friendly warnings evryone!

I had no intention of hi-jacking any thread, but I have thought about the whole thing and concluded that you are probably right. The discussion between me and Noteboat are not helping anyone: at least not the people that visit this site to learn something new! In fact I think it would be wiser if I would refrain from posting on this forum because: Noteboat and I are probably saying mostly the same things with sutble differences, but both with a bit of ego and conviction that the subtle differences would make our own view just a bit better then the other. In fact the disussions could go on for ever and no one would be the wiser! Anyway, thank you for that one day (I had fun, but then again that's not the point of this forum) and good luck all with your development as musicians and
theory scholars!

Best Wishes,
Niliov

Hey Noteboat: did you check the french #IV thing? (wink, wink)

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Niliov,

Personally, I was also enjoying our discussion and you were making me think so I at least was learning something, even if you weren't changing my mind.

I do honestly hope you continue to post here, I think your perspective certainly would bring value to this forum.

One doesn't have to agree with someone to be enlightened by their comments, after all.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@zaiga)
Trusted Member

I agree with kingpatzer. Please continue posting here. I enjoyed reading your perspective on things, even if it sometimes was a little over my head.

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Are you kidding? You cant leave. You, Kingpatzer and Noteboats theory jousting was the highlight of the whole bloody forum! :(

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I didn't mind. The theory forum only had about one post last month. How else are going to learn the names Riemann, Schoenberg and Rameau if someone don't bring them up. College? LOL, yeah right. Been there, done that and got a crappy engineering degree. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@niliov)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi folks,

I really appreciate the positive feedback, but maybe you missed the post that stated this (and apparently Tom also wrote something which was deleted):

"...Niliov, If you want a discussion on the intricacies of theory do it in the theory section and create your own thread. Do not hijack any more threads.

First and only warning. Thanks. Actually, since David locked down the last hijacked thread, consider this the second and final warning.

Tom, I'll reserve judgement on our new poster and give him the benefit of the doubt, but just in case remember, "please don't feed the trolls..."

I had a discussion with Noteboat about sus2/sus4 which was on topic in fact. Noteboat put a lot of effort in his mail, looking thourgh various books and I actually posted a message/reply with some very nice examples of suspended fifth chords but the posts were deleted and I received two official warnings from the moderators. So I must be doing something wrong. I tried my very best to keep the posts friendly and light (I was not trying to offend anyone) but as it seems I failed miserably. But thanks anyway,
Kingpatzer (I enjoyed our ramblings as well), Voodoo Merman, Zaiga and Neztok!

Niliov

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

First off, no apologies necessary. Second.....

NO WHINING :D

At least two posts were going way off topic. I fixed one. David fixed the other. So this isn't just my imagination. Unless of course it's both my imagination and David's too.

Please go right ahead and post. Feel free to go ahead and discuss sus2 vs sus4. I don't have any problems with that at all.

I think I spelled it out quite clearly. Don't hijack other threads. End of warning. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

To me your posting, and 15 in one day, looked a bit like trolling. I'm happy to be proved wrong. My apologies.

It's really simple. I hope you will continue to post, but keep it on topic, consider your audience and put it in the right place and we can all be happy.

And as you mentioned, Tom's post that was off topic went away too. I'm not singling you out. So please go light up the theory forum with your witty theory banter. I look forward to reading it.

Welcome aboard and I do hope you stick around.

Nick

ReplyQuote
(@naviens)

Niliov, I liked reading the discussions between you and Noteboat and Kingpatzer too, they brought some new stuff ('frisse wind' in dutch 8) ) into this forum. Just hang around some more and educate us :)

Regards,
Naviens

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I've said it before: if you want a problem-free forum, ban the Dutch. :D

Niliov: havent seen you yet so welcome to GN. ;) Post some of your songs in the hear-hear section, would love to hear it.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've really enjoyed the discussions between Kingpatzer, Niliov and Noteboat - hell, I even understood about 1% of them.....

Niliov, you've breathed a bit of fresh air into this forum, rational sensible discussion - even if it does get a little heated at times - is always welcome!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@niliov)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks a bunch, Arjen and Vic.

As you already might have noticed I decided to stick around. But if I start to annoy people with my posts please let me know as well, sometimes I don't know when to stop! Arjen, there are already two songs for you to hear:

1. Caravan (with Stochelo Rosenberg) it's posted in the "Hear Here"- section
2. Fly Me to the Moon (with Denise Jannah), the link is in the "Some Other Chord Substitutions" thread also in the "Theory"-section.

If you want to hear more, let me know. I have some really interestin tango/jazz fusions with bandoneon and guitar if you are interested.

Niliov

ReplyQuote
(@lunchmeat)
Estimable Member

Yeah, just reading through some of your discussions gets me thinking, and that's always a good thing - I personally didn't think that you hijacked my thread - you guys did answer my question, and went the extra mile - but that isn't my call. Your discussion did open my mind, as I said before, and it started me thinking in ways that I hadn't considered - got the creative juices ticking, if you know what I mean!

Stick around. I hope to learn a lot just from listening to you guys talk. Can't abandon me yet! :-)

-lunchmeat

ReplyQuote