Clear all

Jeff Buckley Tuning

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

On one of the tracks of the "jeff buckley live at sin-e legacy edition" cd He plays a song by Nursat Fateh Ali khan. Does anybody have any recommended tunings which sound very indian? he seems to detune most strings but i havnt been able to figure out the exact tunings (mainly because im not very good at listening out for that sort of thing) any ideas?

(@sozay)
Estimable Member

though im not certain, i would suggest that the guitar isnt in any particularly unusual tuning and that its more a result of the keys used which give it the 'indian' flavour.... in much the same way that dream brother has that eastern sounding riff, despite being in stanard tuning...
i'll have to have another listen to it though... its as good an excuse as any :P

soz

currently number 60 in total posts... and shooting for number 1!!

ReplyQuote
(@bleaseyhighflyer)
Trusted Member

Good Point Sozay. Although i think he plays a lot of songs in open G tuning on there so i'd give that a try

" Ah man, that went down like a lead balloon."

ReplyQuote
(@illicit)
Estimable Member

I think he just uses a capo, maybe on fifth..

Or maybe even in standard tuning.. To quote Jimmy Page:

"We actually made a point of going to hear him play and seeing and it was absolutely scary. One of the things is a little frightening was that I was convinced that he probably did things in tunings and he didn't. He was doing things in standard tuning. I thought, oh gee, he really is clever isn't he?"

Jimmy Page - Guitarist / Led Zeppelin (BBC Documentary - "Everybody Here Wants You") and (Dream Brother : The Book)

Behold! The great northern viking's pinnacle of evolution! Behold my wavy blonde locks, my icy blue eyes and my muscular physique! Behold my.. screw this, I'm going to McDonald's.

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

speaking of live albums, I just heard his version of Kashmir from Live a L'olympia, that was a hoot

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote
(@illicit)
Estimable Member

Oh, yeah. That's awesome too. He really nails it.

Behold! The great northern viking's pinnacle of evolution! Behold my wavy blonde locks, my icy blue eyes and my muscular physique! Behold my.. screw this, I'm going to McDonald's.

ReplyQuote