tabs to music notation

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@nichi_jin)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hello!

I am learning this solo at the moment, my first actually but i'd like to change the tab's into music notation as i can read it and count the beats better. I'm not quite sure how to do this. The first note is an E, 2nd string at the 5th fret. How would i write this on a staff? i'm sure if I know where this first note lies on the staff i can place the rest of the notes.

THANKS!!

(@minotaur)
Noble Member

hello!

I am learning this solo at the moment, my first actually but i'd like to change the tab's into music notation as i can read it and count the beats better. I'm not quite sure how to do this. The first note is an E, 2nd string at the 5th fret. How would i write this on a staff? i'm sure if I know where this first note lies on the staff i can place the rest of the notes.

THANKS!!

It would be the same way the open first string would be written on a staff:
e|--0--------------|
b|-----------------|
G|-----------------|
D|-----------------|
A|-----------------|
E|-----------------|

The 5th fret of the 2nd (b) string is the same note as the open first (e) string.

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Being lazy, I would get myself either Tuxguitar or Powertab Editor.

Both of these applications will allow you to enter tab. The programme will show what you've entered both as tab and standard notation. You can, then, print out your standard notation.

If the text file has been written using something like TablEdit, you can directly import the whole piece, without having to type anything. You can also import MIDI and see it as tab.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@sandbaglifter)

yes, get a tab/notation editor like powertab or guitar pro (much better in my opinion). You can work with both standard notation and tab in those programs

ReplyQuote