Chords/ Horse with No Name

67 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
43.6 K Views
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Hi, Working through this song I find that as I move along toward the end of the lesson I am having trouble understanding the single bass strokes added and how they fit in. I am striking the 6th string and then following through with the Em chord, then as the lesson indicates picking the first three strings........then when I want to transition to the F#m13 chord, I am not sure what I am supposed to pick for the first bass note...is it just the 6th string again? then follow through with the chord in upstrokes ? I still have a hard time reading tab and so that isn't helping. I do love those Mp3s they help alot but for some reason  that part is not clicking. Also, wondering if you could post an Mp3 with the entire song played through with the lyrics sung?? That would help alot to play and hear how the lyrics fit with the music. Thanx!

OK nevermind........DONT answer this.........I figured it out after calling a few of my guitar proficient buddies...I guess I am the impatient type...but I also realize our instructor has been moving this holiday so I'll cut him some slack for that.....it was probably a stupid question anyway......I am just super detailed and like to know everything about everything ....its a fault...I know...

~violetweeds~

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hi Violetweeds!

Glad that you figured it out and my apologies for being so long away from the pages.

We really can't have full MP3s of the songs, especially with the lyrics suung, here on the website because that would be a blatant infringement on copyright. We're working on correcting that, though...

The easiest thing to do is to get a copy of the original recording (people here tell me you can still download these on some sites). If that doesn't work for you, send me a message and I'll try to work something out as soon as I get my recording gear unpacked.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Hey, Peace back!  :DI thank you for your consideration and really enjoy the lessons...thanks again!

~violetweeds~

ReplyQuote
(@aragorn)
Trusted Member

I think I've been playing triplets wrong. When I studied the Horse with No Name lesson, I played the solo as three notes then a space, three more notes, etc. Sort of like sixteenth-note, sixteenth-note, eighth-note, ... sixteenth-note, sixteenth-note, eighth-note, etc. After studying the Before You Accuse Me lesson, it seems to me they are instead intended to be played as equally spaced notes, ie, one measure of the HWNN solo would be 12 equally spaced notes. The BYAM rhythm would be the same, but missing the 2nd, 4th, etc. notes.

Is that right?

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Yes, they should be equally spaced.

I have my students count One-trip-let-two-trip-let evenly; that helps get the sounds in the right place.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@aragorn)
Trusted Member

^^ Thanks very much!

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5