Comfortably Numb

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
10 K Views
(@staffan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yes! David - ever since I saw your reply in one of the other posts, where you mentioned that you were thinking of doing a lesson of Comfortably Numb, I´ve been looking forward to this like crazy :shock: I LOVE THIS SONG! Thank you so much, David - Guitar Noise RULES, no doubt about it! I´ve learnt so much from your great lessons - you deserve the Nobel Music Prize 8)

And now, onto the lesson! :mrgreen: :note2:

Again, thanks!

Best Regards,
/Staffan (Stockholm, Sweden)

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

And ditto for me. There's a female vocalist I know been begging me to learn that song so she can sing to it. Now I can oblige!

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@staffan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

And ditto for me. There's a female vocalist I know been begging me to learn that song so she can sing to it. Now I can oblige!

- Yeah, I can imagine this song being sung by a female vocalist would be just perfect! Lucky you, to have such friends :mrgreen:

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

ReplyQuote
(@geoff-h)
Eminent Member

David,

Ditto to what Staffan posted. I have only just re-discovered this song, and although I had the chords, the lesson is perfect for me to get some melody in there. As you know, I have been posting my experiences at my first couple of Jamming nights. I have set myself a target of achieving a solo performance of something before the end of the year. This song is now going to be it.

I have a pretty poor voice, have never sung other than once at my wedding. I have a pretty bad range and absolutely no training, however, I have had a go at the 2 separate vocal parts of this song, and I think I can give this a go. I have done a bit of practicing, and combined with the acoustic arrangement feel that a solo performance of this may be an achievable challenge for me.

The final piece of the jigsaw is an arrangement of the 2 solo parts on acoustic. If these become a lesson later in the year as you have indicated, I cannot wait to try the final piece.

I am aware that the original should remain untouched, but a quiet acoustic solo performance of this great song could be interesting. I have been inspired by the Beginners Videos over the last year - so thanks to all you brave beginners.

Thanks again David.

Regards

Geoff

ReplyQuote
(@kpheard)

This is one of my favourite songs to play. Can get carried away in a very long solo at the end :D

Learn to play guitar http://kheard.com/guitar

ReplyQuote
(@italyitaly)

I'm picking up good vibrations. >w>

ReplyQuote
(@kc0bbq)
Eminent Member

This is one of my favourite songs to play. Can get carried away in a very long solo at the end :D
To quote Gilmour as well as my memory can recall, it's a song that you can happily noodle around in B minor for hours.

I like the first solo a lot, even if it's short.

ReplyQuote