Clear all

Give a little bit

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Just wondering the easiest way to finger the F#7 David has it as 023442 but I can't help but mute the high E when I sort of mini barre it.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

David must have an incredibly flexible index finger. ;)

To play the F#7 the way he has it, try using your thumb for the F# on the low E string, rather than a barre.

Or, you can just play F# for the full measure as he says in the text.

If you really want the F#7 try this way:
EADGBe

This fingering is very easy to change to F#, but the E note is on the 4th string instead of the 1st so the voicing is a little different.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Don't I wish! :wink:

Slejhamer is right in advising on using the thumb to get the F# on the F#7 (244320). That's what I do. When doing the full F#, I will sometimes do a regular fulle barre, but just as often as not, I will instead use the same fingering for the F#7 (with the thumb on the low E (sixth) string) and just flatten out the index finger to get the notes on both the first and second strings.

I should have made a mention of this in the lesson text. Sorry about that.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Personally I use either 242322 or 242352 depending on how much emphasis I want on the 7th note... quite often adding the E note on the B string after a couple of strums without (both for effect and ease of fingering). I've never been able to do the F-shape-with-the-thumb thing that everyone else on the entire planet seems to use :)

Just for ref:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've never been able to do the F-shape-with-the-thumb thing that everyone else on the entire planet seems to use :)

Just for ref:

Thanks guys I always forget about wrapping the thumb. I have fat short fingers so unless its Gm or something like that it's almost impossible for me. :oops:

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Don't I wish! :wink:

I should have made a mention of this in the lesson text. Sorry about that.

Peace

David don't be so hard on yourself :P In a project of this magnatude some information is bound to be missing/incorrect,besides with these forums we can figure anything out, once again thank you!

ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Personally I use ... or 242352

Good one! Picks up the E note in the higher octave and is relatively easy to fret if you have trouble with the thumb technique. 8)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote