Notifications
Clear all

Are our songs safe Here?

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@cowboyrah)
Topic starter  

I m new here and I'm wondering if I submit a song and I don't have a copywrite yet, is this the same as when the pen leave's the paper? ???
Is it safe, can it be stolen?
These are Question's I need answered
Please Reply

(@dshow)

Hi

This is exactly the same I'm wondering about?
I think this is a very important question.

Hope someone will answering!!

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

The fact that you registered with your name and email adress when you joined the forum is no outright guarantee, but as long as you posted your song before anyone else did and so long as you didn't tell anyone else in the forum about your song before posting it on this sight, we can assume that you have proof at least that you were the first person to post that song on this site and are likely the author of it.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

even so there is really nothing stopping someone from going to your post, and stealing your song.   :'(

ReplyQuote
(@garytalley)
Trusted Member

The chances of someone stealing your song on this forum (or any forum) are incredibly remote.

www.guitarforsongwriters.com

creator of #1 video"Guitar Playing for Songwriters"

ReplyQuote
(@ajcharron)
Estimable Member

May I do some shameless self-promotion? Read: https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=408

As usual, mail yourself a copy or find some way of proving you wrote the song when. Odds of someone stealing your song and making something out of it are so remote. Remember this has probably happened no more than a couple hundred times. Considering the amount of songs out there. And generally, people tend to rip-off popular songs or jingles.

ReplyQuote