getting some business (not a song)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

this is gonna be in a few sections cause im not really sure where this goes:

has anyone ever done anything with their songs business wise? i love writing and singing/playing but because of other commitments im unable to make a career out of it for myself as a singer/songwriter. im wondering how the process of becoming a song writer for other people or selling my original songs works, i dont know if im good enough to do it but i want to look into and find out how it works.

has anyone got any knowledge on the subject?

thanks in advance and i hope i can make a go of it :)

(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

bump, would really appreciate help, or even directions as to where someone else could help me?

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I have a friend who is a songwriter. He has sold songs to Santana, Garth Brooks and a whole slew of others. Here is his bio page. He's been in the business for over 40 years and only began to actually "make it" about 20 years ago. He did it by making it a point to get his music to people that count, and that took the first more than 20 years to get into a position to know who those people were and to actually be able to "get" to them. It took hard work and determination on his part to reach the point that he's at now. I don't know of any shortcuts. Check out Amos' story, though. Maybe it will give you some ideas....

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

thanks, ill read it when i get home

ReplyQuote