how do you guys wri...

Notifications
Clear all

how do you guys write lyrics?

19 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)

The idea is most important. The Sunday Songwriters Group here is good for ideas; otherwise there's be about 200 song possibilities in the daily newspaper (ok, not The Sun or the Mirror, there's only so many songs you can write about tits'n'ass)

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

we used to have a top secret method of checking the stats. Take a look in the Super Secret Moderator's lounge and snackbar and there is a post about it going away.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

we used to have a top secret method of checking the stats. Take a look in the Super Secret Moderator's lounge and snackbar and there is a post about it going away.

Great... and I thought learning to master music was tricky... now I have to try and peep through the keyhole of the invisible door to a hidden room that I haven't got a map for.... I bet you've got the Fountain of Youth, The Secret of Life, and The Lost Chord in there too..... :shock:

Hmm... The quest might just have a song in it though.... 8)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The idea is most important. The Sunday Songwriters Group here is good for ideas; otherwise there's be about 200 song possibilities in the daily newspaper (ok, not The Sun or the Mirror, there's only so many songs you can write about tits'n'donkey)
A :-)

Alan, puh-leeeze! The Sun, yes - the Star, too. But not the Mirror! That's been my newspaper of choice since I left school - I buy it for the sport, mainly, and because there's a NORTHERN edition that covers my part of the UK. Politically (and I think you and I are on opposite sides of the fence here) I'm in agreement with its broad stance, though not some of the finer details. Most of the females in the Mirror actually wear clothes, including brassieres! And I can finish the crosswords!

I did have a short spell where I read the "Today" newspaper for a couple of years, and during the summer months I'll buy the Times for the cricket coverage, especially during test matches.

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching an old episode of "Yes, Minister!" (may have been "Yes, Prime Minister!" - it was late at night.) Jim Hacker gave a rundown of who reads which newspaper, which went something like this....

"The Times is read by the people who run the country. The Guardian's read by the people who think they run the country. The Mirror's read by people who think the country should be run the way it used to be run. The Daily Mail's read by the wives of the people who run the country. The Morning Star's read by people who think the country should be run by another country. And the Sun's read by people who don't give a toss who runs the country as long as the bird on page three's got a huge pair of..........."

(There were more than that, but I can't remember them all offhand.)

EDIT - I manage to find the original quote - I was a bit out, but close enough for Rock'n'Roll.......

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country; and The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big t**s.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2